Thursday, June 16, 2011

#4 Have a girls weekend with my mom and all my sisters & #75 Go on a roadtrip

 Started:  June 9th, 2011
Completed:  June 14th, 2011

This past weekend was so much fun.  My sweet mom decided to take all the girls and grandkids down to St. George for a girls weekend to see The Little Mermaid preformed at Tuacahn.  It was a blast.  Megan, Lily and Logan were able to come too and flew in on Wednesday morning.  We went over to my moms to meet Logan for the first time and Lily and Wyatt decided to play a duet on the piano and sing songs together.


This is my first picture with my nephew Logan.
That afternoon my mom spoiled us and took all the girls to get pedicures!  Even Lily got to come and get her toes and fingers painted.  It was so relaxing and a fun start to a vacation.
Thursday morning we left for St. George.  My mom drove our car which consisted of me, Marci, Lily and Wyatt.  Tiff drove my little sisters car which had Cas, Megan and Logan in it.


Lily was watching the Lion King on the way down and kept making this face, it was pretty cute.
Half-way there we stopped for a picnic at the park.  We grabbed some Wendys and found a close park to eat it.  The kids loved the break from the car and all the attention from their aunts.




This metal slide was so super fast and Lily wanted me to go down with her.  Well Tiff and Cas talked me into it so I climbed up there and then was truely afraid to go down.  I didn't want to lie flat because it felt funny but I couldn't sit up or I would hit my head going down.  It was like I forgot how to go down a slide.  Anyways, since I was so scared we decided against me going down with a child.  Which was a good thing because I didn't stop myself at the bottom and landed flat on my back.  We were all laughing so hard that I didn't catch myself....I may have peed, just a little.
Eight months pregnant doesn't look as cute as the little kiddos going down. 
Lily was a little pooped after the park.
After we checked in on Thursday the next few days were kind of a blur.  Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we spent hours and hours at the pool, played games together, relaxed, read books, watched movies, dealt with multiple tantrums and had a great time.  Our hotel room was a suite, it had two rooms, two bathrooms and one huge living room, dining room and kitchen to hang out in.  Megan, Lily, Logan and my mom stayed in one room.  Tiff, Wyatt and I stayed in another and Marci and Cas slept on the pull out bed in the living room.  Lily and Wyatt were overall very great at getting along.  They were very competitive with each other.  If one kid wanted to play with something the other was right there to play too.  They also loved to have the same Aunt at the same time.  It was super cute, but kind of frustrating for the moms they were forgetting to listen to.

Multiple times Lily and Wyatt would dance together.  This is a picture of them dancing on our balcony.


Another favorite thing for them to do was put sunscreen on their brave Aunt Moo Moo.  They loved to help her and the only way I could get Wy to dress fast was by bribing him with this.

My mom bought toys for the pool while we were down there.  Checkout time was at noon and checkin time was at four.  So if we went to the pool during these hours we always had it to ourselves.  I don't actually remember every being at the pool with anyone but our group.  It was fabulous!











My sisters baked a fruit pizza crust before we left for vacation and so why we were there we ate a delicious fruit pizza with all the toppings, I think we ate this in like a half hour.  Wyatt kept sneaking the blackberries off the top.
Saturday we also hiked Red Rock, went to the St. George temple to walk the grounds and had a Cafe Rio picnic in the park.  I was a little nervous to climb the 'stairs' part of Red Rock but did it and the view overlooking the city is incredible.  Wyatt was kind of a chicken and didn't want to climb any of the rocks by himself or stand in them alone, which surprised me, but maybe he is afraid of heights like his mom.





Wyatt showing how tough he is that he made it to the top.



Walking to the temple.









Saturday night we went to my parents friends house, Rick and Collette Jensen for haircuts and colors.  Marci and I are the only ones who got ours colored.  I did a dark auburn, chopped about five inches off and got bangs.  I love it!  It looks so much better.  Thanks Collette.  Wyatt found some automatic dart guns why we were there and had it out with Tiffany.



Tiff provided lots of entertainment for the kids while at the Jensens.
Wyatt got his haircut too....he did not love it...but he did love the fruit snacks after.

Monday Megan, Cas and I went shopping while the rest of us went to the pool.  It was so nice to get a break from Wyatt.  I was able to get lots of clothes for baby girl and spent only $100.  I got Wyatt some sunglasses since I accidently broke his when we got there.  Monday night we all went to the Pizza Factory to eat dinner before The Little Mermaid.  The show was amazing!  If anyone has the opportunity to go.....GO! The special effects they did were incredible and Wyatt was fascinated by Ariel.  He would ask where she was everytime she left the stage.
Wyatt and Lily dancing again before dinner and the show.




The fun family at the Pizza Factory.


On the way home we stopped in Beaver and took pictures in the huge rocking chair and had lunch.

Wyatt was worn out by the end of the trip and this is how he fell asleep the night we got back.  He was not going to let go of Nate at all the whole night.  I think being away from your dad for two out of three weeks is a lot on a three year old...and on their mommy.  I was very happy to see Nate as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment